2011/01/27

Week 04 / 2011 - It's hunting season, part 2

Outfit of the Week 04-2011
(read part 1 here)

I couldn't resist to put together another outfit consisting mostly of gifts from The Seasons Hunt. There are just too many hunt gifts I really love. My apologies to all the designers I haven't featured here! It doesn't mean I don't like your stuff, it was just too much to choose from.
After digging through the folders of hunt gifts, I ended up with this look. The untamed hairstyle by [Shag] is rather unusual for me, but we all have to push our limits every once in a while. It goes really well with the hair band by *un Jour* and it has antlers, too!

While I usually stick to my geeky spectacles, I kind of collect all kinds of glasses or goggles (especially if they are free or cheap, of course). These are a instore gift from Berries Inc. and accentuate this crazy look perfectly.
In case you didn't know, Berries Inc. is having a sale! They are retiring some of their older items, which have been placed on a flea market just outside the mainstore. Every item there is L$ 45 and will be gone forever after January 31st!

Speaking of sales, but totally unrelated to this post and outfit... the L$ 100 sale at Nomine ends this Friday (well, my eyes are, and I have loads of other stuff from there as well)!

Now back to the outfit. The face tattoo by Pididdle makes your nose and cheeks look red from cold and the lips chapped. It adds a really cute touch to every wintery look!
The cosy short coat from +KiiToS!!+ keeps me warm at all these snowy sims out there and it looks just great. All the prim parts fit perfectly, too, and go very well with my AO. There is also a male version in the box. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it looks just as great on guys! FYI: +KiiToS+ will be rebranding to pivaaca in February.
Just like the hair band, the olive trousers by [Young Urban] add a subtle touch of colour to my otherwise very brownish outfit. They are unisex and come on both underpants and pants layers and with sculpted pant legs (not shown), which is great, I love to wear layered looks. Dear designers, I know all of you are busy, but it doesn't take that long to put your textures on different layers and name them properly! It really, really helps people to combine your stuff with other things to create a unique look! This little extra effort is part of what makes me come back to a store.
I don't think I have to say much about the unisex worker boots from the lucky chairs at :::Urban Warehouse:::, other than that they are fantastic. They add just the right bit of rough, edgy touch that I need to make this outfit "me". They have four texture options, brown or black, with or without paint splatters and they also come with an alpha layer for v2 and compatible viewers. And they are going to be removed from the luckies within the next 24 hours!

Before I come to the usual breakdown of the outfit, I have a bit of random oddness for you. After my last posting, I popped over to Kumaki to check if the headphones are still on the lucky board - they are - and saw something that really made me laugh.

I guess the lucky boards meant me! Sadly nerd doesn't spell with a T.

Here's the overview of the items I am wearing:

hair: [Shag]- Sylph - kitten -- TSH gift
hair band: un Jour - Le Calmant -- TSH gift
glasses: Berries Inc. - silly goggles -- free instore gift
face tattoo: Pididdle - Chapped lips & Cheeks.Nose -- TSH gift
coat: +KiiToS!!+ Classic Coat -- TSH gift
pants: [Young Urban] - Norfolk Pants Olive -- TSH gift
boots: :::Urban Warehouse::: - worker boots -- lucky chair gift

The pose is also from Pididdle and the picture was taken at a friend's photo studio.

The lucky boards picture was taken at the Kumaki mainstore.

 This outfit was entirely free and I now have L$ 949 to spend! I also have a good idea for what I am going to use the money, but since I am up do date now with this posting, you will have to wait a little while... see you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Cute cute cute! I loved the lucky boards as well. Keep up the good work.

    Cae x

    ReplyDelete