2011/01/25

Week 02 / 2011 - Back to the... 80s

Outfit of the Week 02-2011
Here's my post for calendar week 2, I am slowly catching up. I tried hard to put something together that has not been featured on other blogs over and over again recently. I almost succeeded and ended up with a very casual and slightly punkish 80s look I quite like.
It reminds me of my very early days in SL, which I spent as a little punk brat.

For punks, hair in particular, Black Maria is one of the best places to shop. All their older hairstyles are free on the upper floor of the store, along with some other non-hair goodies. They come in a variety of mostly bright colours, some tipped, some not and in all kinds of punk styles. I stocked up my inventory there with plenty of hair for all my punk and cyberpunk looks. The free hairbase tattoo from Arcavim finishes the punkish touch nicely.
The necklace is a lucky board prize at Kittenish, I've had it for some time now, but I checked today and it is still available.
One of my latest discoveries is the classic "I <3 NY" t-shirt, which is a free group gift from :::Coy:ott::: at the Urban Warehouse. The sculpted parts fit my rather short and slim shape perfectly, but are modifyable, just in case. Urban Warehouse also has very cool worker boots in their lucky chairs and another free shirt for group members.

Rings and nails were the Kozmetika opening gift from [Virtual/ Insanity] and come in many different hand sizes, with or without nails. I am somewhat of a gamer nerd, so I really like the pac man on the ring fingers, and it fits my 80s look, too.
The jeans are from ::Maschienenwerk::. I don't think I have to say much about this place. They have so many great freebies to choose from! While most of their items are aimed at a male audience - which is great, because there aren't as many good freebies for guys as for girls - many will fit us girls, too, with some tweaking (prim parts are either resize scripted or modifyable).
And, last but not least, the classic sneakers, which may not be exactly 80s, but I really love them. They are a free group gift at [ JP ]:dsg. and come in white (shown), black and brown.

From top to bottom:
hair: Black Maria - Ruby 02 Pink (2) -- free
hairbase tattoo: Arcavim - Crescent 50% -- free at KMadd (TP to freebie corner from the landing point)
necklace: =^K^= Kittenish - The Caged Heart - Golden Cage -- free (lucky board prize)
t-shirt: :::Coy:ott::: - I luv NY -- free (group gift, join for L$ 0)
bangles: Sn@tch - No. 9 (Skulls & Metal) -- discontinued
bracelets: Sn@tch - Jeweled Cuff -- discontinued
rings/nails: [Virtual/Insanity] - Game/Over Rings & Nails 20 -- free (opening gift at Kozmetika)
jeans: ::Maschienenwerk:: - Zeitzone Jeans -- free
shoes: [ JP ]:dsg. - [Unique's] >>Chelsea<< -- free (group gift, join for L$ 0)

The pictures were taken at the [ JP ]:dsg. sim, which is a great place to shop and explore, and the pose is, once more, from my AO.

The whole outfit was completely free, which boosts my current shopping budget to L$ 450!

No comments:

Post a Comment